Faith Seeking Understanding:
1. Read through the passage and look at some of the ironies found in the passage. Note that Bethlehem means “house of bread.”
2. Was it sinful for Elimelech to take his family to Moab? Why or why not?
3. What situation are Naomi, Orpah and Ruth facing? Come up with a modern day parallel.
4. If we look through the lens of walking by faith and not by sight, how do we interpret Naomi’s advice?
5. What evidence do we have that Ruth is a convert? What does that teach you about God and his grace?
To find & download the Liturgy, click here!